To ensure that every student graduates prepared for college with the critical thinking, collaboration, communication, and creativity skills to have a successful 21st Century career and ready to be an ethical contributing member to our global community.
All students are able to achieve high standards of learning and character.
Every member of the school’s community has the primary responsibility of supporting and ensuring high standards of student learning and character development.
When students are not achieving high standards of learning or character development, we must change our practices to ensure that they do.
Expected School-wide Student Learning Outcomes
DMHS students will become:
- Technologically Savvy
- Effective Communicators
- Life-long Learners
- Aware – Globally, Socially, & Environmentally
Scholars and Life-Long Learners
Who acquire the skills necessary to conduct inquiry and research and show independence in learning.
Who acquire in-depth knowledge and develop understanding across a broad and balanced range of disciplines.
Who exercise initiative in applying thinking skills critically and creatively to recognize and approach complex problems.
Who are able to assess and understand their strengths and limitations in order to support their learning and personal development.
Effective and Technologically Savvy Communicators
- Who understand and express ideas and information confidently and creatively in more than one language and in a variety of modes of communication.
- Who work effectively and willingly in collaboration with others.
- Who make reasoned and ethical decisions and are brave and articulate in defending their beliefs.
- Who seek and evaluate a range of points of view, and are willing to grow from the experience.
Responsible and Globally Aware Leaders
- Who act with integrity and honesty, with a strong sense of fairness, justice and respect for the dignity of the individual, groups and communities.
- Who take responsibility for their own actions and the consequences that accompany them.
- Who understand and appreciate their own cultures and personal histories, and are open to the perspectives, values and traditions of other individuals and communities.
- Who have a personal commitment to service, and act to make a positive difference to the lives of others and to the environment.