Dear Students, Staff and Parents:
I am excited to welcome you to the 2018-2019 school year! Our commitment at Downtown Magnets High School is to provide a safe and intellectually challenging environment that will empower students to become inspired learners prepared to thrive academically and personally.
We hold high standards and expectations for each student in regard to academic performance and it is with this in mind that we ask each of our families to commit to maintaining the extraordinary record of achievement and contribution that has been the legacy of Downtown Magnets High School students. It is the contribution of our families, students and staff to our school community that makes our school an award-winning learning community.
We believe that successful students are:
- Scholars who communicate in a meaningful way for a variety of purposes and audiences;
- Technology savvy who employ critical and creative thinking skills to solve problems
- Effective communicators who pose questions, examine possibilities, and apply skills to find solutions to authentic issues.
- Leaders who demonstrate a sensitivity to the community and develop solutions to enrich their communities
- Lifelong learners who make positive choices related to physical and mental wellness
- Aware of how their actions impact and influence their school and global community and
- Responsibly contribute to the local and global community